- Assistant Professor- Term
- Bingham Humanities 214 B
- Office Hours: M W 3:30-5:30
491-01: American Literature Post-1960 (Fall 2012)
422-75: Introduction to Interpretive Theory: New Criticism to the Present (Fall 2012)
102: Intermediate Composition (Fall 2012)
“Postmemory and Race: Thylias Moss and the (African) Americanization of the Holocaust.” Studies in American Jewish Literature. Forthcoming 2013.
“W. E. B. Du Bois at the Grand Canyon: Nature, History, and Race in Darkwater.” The Oxford Handbook of Ecocriticism. Oxford Research Directions. Ed. Greg Garrard. Forthcoming 2012.
“Toward an Eco-ontology: A Response to Greg Garrard’s ‘Heidegger Nazism Ecocriticism.’” ISLE: Interdisciplinary Studies in Literature and Environment (October 2011).
“Who Set You Feelin’? Harlem, Communal Affect, and the Great Migration Narrative in James Baldwin’s ‘Sonny’s Blues.’” English Language Notes 48.1 (Spring/Summer 2010): 89-100.
“From Black Marxism to Industrial Ecosystem: Racial and Ecological Crisis in William Attaway’s Blood on the Forge.” Modern Fiction Studies 55.3 (Fall 2009): 566-595.
“Affective Fallacy.” Entry in The Blackwell Encyclopedia of Literary and Cultural Theory. Ed. Michael Ryan. New York: Wiley-Blackwell, 2011. 38-40.
- PhD. from University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- American Literature after 1965, critical theory, film, & composition.
- 20th-century American Literature, especially African American and southern literature.
- Ecocriticism, trauma studies, and film.
- Instructor / Teaching Assistant, University of Illinois, 2004-2012