J. Carol Mattingly
- Room 318 D
- Bingham Humanities, Belknap Campus
- Office Hours: TTH 9:00-9:30 and 10:45-11:00
English Courses Recently Taught:
ENGL 319 - 01: American Literature from 1830 to 1865 (Spring, 2008)
ENGL 571 - 01: Studies in American Literature to 1865 (Spring, 2008)
ENGL 319 – 01: American Lit 1830-1865-WC (Fall, 2007)
ENGL 672 - 01: History of Rhetoric II (Spring, 2007)
ENGL 373 - 01: Women in Literature (Spring, 2006)
ENGL 672 - 01: History of Rhetoric II (Spring, 2005)
- Ph.D. from University of Louisville
- 19th-century women
- 19th-century rhetoric, especially that of 19th-century US Women. Writing Center Studies.
- Director, Writing Centers Research Project
Appropriate[ing] Dress: Women's Rhetorical Style in Nineteenth-Century America.