- Room 318 A
- Bingham Humanities, Belknap Campus
- Office Hours: Tuesday and Thursday 2:30 to 3:30 or by appointment
English Courses Recently Taught
ENGL 302 - 75: British Literature II (Spring, 2008)
ENGL 595 - 01: Studies in Literature and Science (Spring, 2008)
ENGL 105 - 07: Advanced Composition for Freshmen - WC (Fall, 2007)
ENGL 687 - 01: Seminar in Rhetorical Studies (Fall, 2007)
ENGL 674 - 10: Digital Media and Composition (Summer, 2007)
ENGL 302 - 01: British Literature II (Spring, 2007)
ENGL 548 - 75: The Novel in the Twenty-First Century (Spring, 2007)
ENGL 105 - 06: Advanced Composition for Freshmen - WC (Fall, 2006)
ENGL 620 - 01: Research in the Composing Process (Fall, 2006)
ENGL 302 - 02: British Literature II (Spring, 2006)
ENGL 552 - 75: Special Topics in Literature in English (Spring, 2006)
- Ph.D. from McGill University
- Rhetoric and Composition.
- Modern British Literature.
- Rhetoric of science. Narrative theory. Technical and scientific communication. Science and literature. Narrative and gaming. Multimodal Composition. Research methodologies in rhetoric and composition. First-year composition. Modern British literature.
- Director, 2006 Thomas R.Watson Conference in Rhetoric and Composition. "Narrative Knowledge/Narrative Action." October 5-7, 2006
- Director, 2008 Thomas R. Watson Conference on Rhetoric and Composition: "The New Work of Composing." October 16-18, 2008
Honors & Awards
- Senior Fulbright Scholar. Lucian Blaga University. Sibiu, Romania. Spring 2002. Fulbright Senior Specialist. Lucian Blaga University. Sibiu, Romania. Spring 2005.
- University of Louisville Distinguished Teaching Professor.
Narrative, Action, and Embodiment
"Narrative, Action, and Embodiment: The Stories of Myst.”Gaming Lives in the Twenty-First Century. Ed. Cynthia L. Selfe and Gail Hawisher. New York: Palgrave/Macmillan. Forthcoming.
Learning While Doing
“Learning While Doing: Observations of a Multimodal Classroom.” Multimodal Resources. Ed. Cynthia L. Selfe. Cresskill, NJ: Hampton Press. Forthcoming.
Metaphor, Ambiguity and Motive in Evolutionary Biology
“Metaphor, Ambiguity and Motive in Evolutionary Biology: W.D. Hamilton and the ‘Gene’s Point of View.’” Written Communication. 22 (2005), 379-420. NCTE Award for Excellence in Technical and Scientific Communication: Best Article Reporting Historical or Textual Research
The Ethics of Reading
“The Ethics of Reading: Beloved in Romania." Visions and Revisions: Festschrift for Dumitru Cicoi-Pop. Ed. Alexandra Mitrea. Sibiu, Romania: Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu Press, 2003: 23-43.