CardMail Help (Troubleshooting)
1. How do I get help with CardMail?
- Visit Outlook Live's online help site or
- Contact the IT HelpDesk at:
2. I am having trouble logging in to CardMail. What should I do?
- Make sure you are logging in with your full CardMail user ID (userID@cardmail.louisville.edu).
- Reset your password at password.louisville.edu. Wait a few minutes then attempt to log in to CardMail again.
- If you are still having problems, please contact the IT HelpDesk at (502)852-7997 or send an email to email@example.com
3. How do I change/reset my password?
Your CardMail password matches your ULink password. Changing your ULink password will also change your CardMail password. To change your password go to http://password.louisville.edu.
- NOTE: Do not change your password on the Windows Live site. If you do, it will be out of sync with your ULink password.
4. I changed my email password on the Windows Live site and now it no longer matches my ULink password. How do I get them to match again?
You will need to create a new ULink password. To do so, go to http://password.louisville.edu.
5. What if I delete an item from my CardMail inbox by mistake?
When you delete a message it is moved to the Deleted Items folder where it remains for 30 days, or until the folder is manually emptied. Those items then remain in the "Recover Deleted Items" area for an additional 14 days, or until they are purged.
6. I forward my CardMail to another account, but the forwarded messages all look like they come from me. Is this correct?
Yes. When forwarding your CardMail to another account, all forwarded messages will appear to come from you. When replying to one of these messages, make sure you type in the sender's email address in the "To" field.
7. Is Outlook Live training available?
Yes. Visit IT's CardMail training page for videos and quick reference guides.Information Technology will also provide in-person workshops to assist you with using CardMail. We will announce these sessions when they become available.