KATC will create, grow, and maintain relationships with service systems and providers that serve individuals with ASD and their families through the following:
- Use technology to promote KATC, distribute informational materials, and communicate with families and professionals.
- Increase communication with educational leaders in Kentucky and report finding to diverse audiences.
- Develop relationship with early interventions service systems to promote early identification, diagnostics and the use of appropriate & evidence practices.
- Develop relationship with mental health service system and providers to promote the use of appropriate & evidence practices.
- Develop relationship with adult service system and providers to promote the use of appropriate & evidence practices.
- Develop relationships with established family groups and disseminate information to "underserved" populations.
KATC will develop materials and supports consistent with evidence-based practices for families, educators, and service providers:
- Utilize technology to disseminate information to families and professionals.
- Develop resources, planning processes and communication mechanisms for educators.
- Provide basic information about resources, supports, services and evidence-based practices to families and professionals.
- Provide religions communities with basic information about building supportive environments for families affected by autism and empower support groups to develop relationships with religious communities.
KATC will provide direct training consistent with evidence-based practices to families, educators, and service providers across the Commonwealth of Kentucky:
- Provide web-based content regarding evidence-based practice.
- Provide information regarding evidence based practices, data collection, coaching and program planning for educators, early interventionists, professionals supporting adults and family members.
Strategies to implement strategic plan:
- Purposefully integrate individuals and families into network, program, and resource planning.
- Use a variety of technology-based delivery and communication systems to connect with families and professionals.
- Promote the development of seamless systems of individual and family support in early intervention, mental health, education, and employment.
- Extend the regional capacity development approach to early intervention, mental health, and employment.
- Target general and special educators and administrators with information and resources about ASD. Support all school professionals in their efforts to provide students with ASD access to all school environments and the general education curriculum.
- Establish and conduct collaborative activities with University partners.