Dr. Pennington's curriculum vitae [PDF]
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst, Doctoral Level (BCBA-D) - #1-11-9365
- Ph.D. Special Education, University of Kentucky, 2010
- M.A. Special Education, University of Louisville, 2001
- B.S. K-4 Elementary Education, K-12 Moderate to Severe Disabilities, University of Louisville, 1995
- Autism and Intellectual Abilities
- Single Subject Research Design
- Behavior Analytic Approaches to Communication
- Editorial Board: Journal of Special Education Technology
- Editorial Board: Rural Special Education Quarterly
- Reviewer: Beyond Behavior
- Member, National Autism Leadership Summit
- President-Elect, Board of Directors of American Council on Rural Special Education
- Member, Executive Committee for the Kentucky Association of Behavior Analysis (KYABA)
Honors and Awards
- 2014 Nystrand-Offutt Scholar
- 2011, 2012, 2013, Delphi Center for Teaching and Learning Faculty Favorite
- 2006-2009 Selected as a doctoral fellow in the Special Education Leadership Program in Distance Education
- Association for Behavior Analysis
- Council for Exceptional Children
- American Council for Rural Special Education
- Association for Persons with Severe Disabilities
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Pennington, R., Collins, B. C., Stenhoff, D. M., Turner, K, & Gunselman, K. (In Press September, 2014). Using simultaneous prompting to teach generative writing to students with autism. Education and Training in Developmental Disabilities
- Pennington, R. C., Delano, M. D., & Scott, R. (In Press Spring 2014). An intervention for improving resume writing skills of students with intellectual disabilities. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Pennington, R., Stenhoff, D. M., Gibson, J.,& Ballou, K. (2012). Using simultaneous prompting to teach story writing to a student with autism. Education and Treatment of Children, 35, 389-406.
- Pennington, R. C., Strange, C., Stenhoff, D. M., Delano, M., & Ferguson, L. (2012). Addressing elopement in the classroom. Beyond Behavior, 21, 3-7.
- Pennington, R. & Delano, M. D. (2012). Writing instruction for students with autism spectrum disorders : A review of Literature. Focus on Autism and Developmental Disorders, 27, 158-167.