Dr. Hochbein's curriculum vitae [PDF]
- PhD, University of Virginia, Curry School of Education, expected May 2009
- MA, University of Notre Dame, Mendoza College of Business, Nonprofit Administration, 2006
- B.A., Northwestern University, Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences, Philosophy, 1999
School decline, improvement, and turnaround, School accountability systems, Organization and innovation in schools.
School leadership and administration
Honors & Awards
- Gansneder Outstanding Quantitative Dissertation Award, University of Virginia, 2009
- Clark Seminar Participant, University Council for Educational Administration, 2008
- Campbell Scholarship for Leadership, University of Virginia, 2007
- Provost Fellowship, University of Virginia, 2006
- MNA Academic Excellence Award, University of Notre Dame, 2006
- National Council on Measurement in Education, 2008-Present
- American Educational Research Association, 2007-Present
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, 2007-Present
- Phi Delta Kappa, 2007-Present
- Duke, D. & Hochbein, C. (2008). Rising to the challenges of studying school decline. Leadership and Policy in Schools, 7(4), 358-379.
- Hochbein, C., review of Turnaround Leadership, by Michael Fullan, American School Board Journal, 194(5), May 2007.
- Hochbein, C. (in preparation). Downward spirals, boiled frogs, and catastrophes: Examining the rate of school decline.