Are you interested in Leadership Studies in Learning and Behavior Disorders with a Focus on Response to Intervention (RTI) and Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS)?
The Department of Special Education announces the availability of scholarships for full-time doctoral study funded by a grant from the US Department of Education. Each scholarship consists of three years full tuition and fees, a $1500 per month living stipend, and annual funding for national conference travel. Students receiving scholarships will:
- Be integrally involved with a high-need school practicum site during each year of study.
- Develop an understanding of research methodology and an ability to generate, conduct, write-up, and present research on topics related to these students.
- Gain experience with creation and instruction of teacher-training courses related to students with or at-risk for failure.
- Demonstrate an ability to plan, propose, and carry out in-service training and consultation in conjunction with a variety of agencies and organizations.
The goal is to prepare scholars with range of competencies appropriate for higher education employment – including experiences with professional presentation and meetings with nationally recognized experts in their field.
Admission is competitive and students must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Hold a master's degree in Special Education or closely related field.
- Have at least 3 years experience working with students with or at-risk for learning and behavioral disorders (teacher or similar).
- Ability to attend school full-time and year-round for 2-3 years, beginning Fall of 2012.
- Agree to work 2 years in the field of Special Education for every year of funding received or repay support (federal requirement).
- Submit full application package including transcripts, GRE scores, a writing sample, and letters of reference -- all indicating high potential for scholarship. Admission deadline is February 15, 2012.
For more information contact Terry Scott, PhD, Email email@example.com or phone 502-852-0576