Dr. Rowland's curriculum vitae [PDF]
- Ph.D., The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, 1998
- M.A., The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, 1989
- A.B., Wittenberg University, Springfield, Ohio
Use of adult learning theory in health professions education; diversity in health care; teaching and learning using standardized patients; simulation and experiential learning in health professions education.
- Patient Communication Skills and Ethical Consideration in Dentistry
- Keys to Quality Dental Health Care for Diverse Populations
- Introduction to Clinical Dentistry
- Extreme Makeovers: Exploring the Positive and Negative Images of Dentistry in the Media
- Educational Policy Committee, 2009-present
- Diversity Committee, 2009-present
- Board Member, American Society of Dental Ethics, 2006-2009
- Board Member, American Dental Association Committee on Educational Measurement and Testing, 2004-2008
- Central Region Scholarship Coordinator, National Association of Medical Minority Educators, Inc., 2004-2008
- Consultant, Ohio State Dental Board- Ethics Re-education Training, 2005-2008
- Society for Simulation in Health Care, 2009-Present
- American Association for Adult and Continuing Education, 2001-Present
- American Educational Research Association, 2004-2009
- Commission of Professor of Adult Education, 2004-Present
- American Dental Education Association, 2002-Present
- Rowland, M. L., Srisukho, K. Dental Students and Faculty Perceptions of Incivility in the Classroom. (2009) Journal of Dental Education, 73 (1), 115-122.
- Thikkurissy, S., Rowland M.L., Bean C.Y., Kumar A, Levings K, & Casamassimo P.S. (2008). Rethinking community-based clinical education in pediatric dentistry. Journal of Dental Education, 72(6), 662-668.
- Rowland, M. L. (2008). Enhancing communication in dental clinics with linguistically different patients. Journal of Dental Education, 72(1), 72-80.