Club Programming Committee (CPC)
Please review the following information before completing the application.
Club Programming Committee Application
The Club Programming Committee is a joint initiative designed and developed by the Student Government Association and the Dean of Students Office. Support for the managing of the program is provided by Student Activities. SGA and other departments (Dean of Students Office, Provost, Undergraduate Affairs and Housing and Residence Life) have combined to make significant funding available for student organizations to request.
These funds are intended to afford RSOs the opportunity to contribute to the quality of campus life by sponsoring events that may not be possible without this financial assistance. Requests should demonstrate how funding an initiative would inspire a vibrant campus life and an engaged student body. Every request received will be reviewed by the CPC on a case-by-case basis. CPC is composed primarily of students who will decide what requests best support student life and therefore should receive funding.
Beginning SPRING 2013, RSOs will no longer use the university credit card (procard) to make purchases for events. Instead, checks will be mailed to organizations directly or IUTs sent to university departments affiliated with the RSO.
- Obtain a federal tax identification number (EIN) in the name of your organization. Go here for more information.
- Obtain an outside checking account in name of organization.
NOTE FOR DEPARTMENT BUSINESS MANAGERS: Organizations funded by SGA or a department do not need a Federal ID number or bank account, however, payments will be made by IUT (ONLY after the expenses have been incurred and proof of expenses can be provided, not before) The funding must not cross semesters or fiscal years. IUTs and back up must be submitted no later than 30 days after the event to Janice Day or funds could be forfeited.
- Be sure to meet the deadline and include a detailed budget with your submission. See link above
- When funds are awarded the person who completed the application will be notified along with the adviser if included on the application.
- The organization contact person responsible for the funds must complete the CPC agreement form in the Dean of Students Office W301 with Janice Day.
- Allow 30 days to process a check which will be mailed to the address provided.
- Insure the event complies with the University Events Policy. Contact email@example.com or 852-0317 if you have any questions or need assistance planning your event.
- Sporadic and random audits will be done each year. To avoid loss of privileges as an RSO, save all receipts for purchases made for funded events. Keep good records.
- Once event is completed consider submitting it for a Student Award.
Complete the survey on OrgSync. Fill out the form "CPC Event Evaluation"
NOTE: Utilization of funds for goods or services that were not approved could result in: restitution of funds (required), future requests for funding denied, loss of RSO status and individual students charged with violating the Code of Student Conduct.
Questions about the guidelines or completing the forms listed above should be directed to 852-8338 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information sessions
- Examples of Budgets Previously Submitted (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Prepare a Great Application
- Making Your Event Great
- Marketing Your Event
- CPC Student Representatives
- CPC Sources of Funding
- Other Sources of RSO Event Funding
- RSO staff - consultations offered for event planning by emailing email@example.com