Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Externships
Oral and maxillofacial surgery externships are offered at the University of Louisville for prospective candidates. The externships range from one to four weeks, based on candidate and program availability. The extern will participate in all clinical, OR and educational activities with our resident staff. The extern will be exposed to the wide scope of the specialty. Prospective externs must apply for these limited positions. More detailed instructions on how to apply can be downloaded here.
- Must be a dental student in good standing at a U.S.-accredited dental school.
- Must have a letter of recommendation from an OMFS faculty member at your school.
- A photo and brief curriculum vitae (CV).
- Must provide proof of liability insurance.
- Must complete a University of Louisville OMFS Externship Application and an Immunization Compliance Form .
For more information, to request application materials, or to check for available dates please contact:
OMFS Residency Program Coordinator
School of Dentistry, Room 148
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
502 852-8551 (fax)