Stephen J. Clark
Name: Stephen J. Clark, DMD
Title: Director, Postgraduate Endodontics
Current Position: Professor
Background (includes education)
1966-1968, Western Kentucky University
1968-1972, University of Kentucky College of Dentistry, DMD degree
1973-1975, University of Kentucky College of Dentistry, Residency in Endodontics, Certificate Program
1975-Present, Endodontic Private Practice, Louisville, KY
Kentucky: Endodontic Specialty License
Board Certification: American Board of Endodontics
Faculty Practice Location
401 E. Chestnut Street, Suite 550
Louisville, KY 40202
Outcomes of Endodontic Therapy
Diagnosis and Treatment of the Cracked Tooth
Endodontics II, 1998-2003, 2006-present
Post-graduate Multi-disciplinary Seminars, 2005-present
Literature Review with Endodontic Residents, 2001-present
Case Review with Endodontic Residents, 2001-present
Senior Selective in Endodontics, 1998-2001, 2006-present
Endodontics I, 2004-present
Post-Graduate Affairs Advisory Committee, 2001- present
Chair: 2004- present
Faculty Personnel Committee, 2005-present
American Board of Endodontics
Honors and Awards
- Edward M. Osetek Educator Award. American Association of Endodontists Annual Session presented May 7, 2004 in Anaheim, California
- Induction into The Delphi Society, Alpha Chapter at the University of Louisville School of Dentistry, November 17, 2004.
- Nominated as a “Faculty Favorite” in the Delphi Center’s Celebration of Teaching and Learning. October, 2007.
Jennifer Baker, Administrative Assistant 502/852-1318
Publications (Last 5 years)
- Caicedo, R., Clark, S.J., Rozo L., Fullmer, J. Guidelines for Access Cavity Preparation in Endodontics. Dental CE Digest. Vol. 3 (2):13-20, 2006.
- Caicedo, R., Clark, S.J. Modern Perspectives in Root Canal Obturation. Dental CE Digest. Vol. 4: 1-12, 2007.
- Reprinted in Endodontic Practice pg 23-32, April, 2009
- Farman, A.G., Clark, S.J. Panoramic Radiology: Endodontic Considerations. Chapter 12 in Panoramic Radiology: Seminars on Maxillofacial Imaging and Interpretation. Farman, A.G., Editor. Pgs. 133-142. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2007.
Journal Articles (Last Five Years:
- Ramamurthy, R., Scheetz, J.P., Clark, S.J., Farman, A.G. Effects of Imaging System and Exposure on Accurate Detection of the Second Mesio-buccal Canal in Maxillary Molar Teeth. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 2006;102(6):796-802.
- Beckstrom, B.W., Horsley, S.H., Scheetz, J.P., Khan, Z., Silveira, A.M., Clark, S.J., Greenwell, H., Farman, A.G. Correlation Between Carotid Area Calcifications and Periodontitis: A Retrospective Study of Digital Panoramic Radiographic Findings in Pretreatment Cancer Patients. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 2007; 103:359-66.
- Ross C, Scheetz J, Crim G, Caicedo R, Morelli J, Clark SJ: Variables affecting endodontic recall. Int Endo J 42:214-219, 2009.
- Horsley, SH, Beckstrom B, Clark SJ, Scheetz, JP, Khah Z, Farman AG: Prevalence of ccarotid and pulp calcifications: a correlation using digital panoramic radiographs. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery. 4(3):169-73, 2009.
- Caicedo R, Clark SJ: Modern Perspectives in Root Canal Obturation. Endodontic Practice. 23-32, April, 2009.
- Farman AG, Sauer J, Garladinne-Neithi L, Clark SJ, Scarfe WC. A Brief History of Maxillofacial Cone Beam Computed Tomography with Special Attention to Safety Considerations. eDentico. Polish & English Journal for Dentists. 2(22)/09:110-124, 2009.