Understanding Your Credit
AnnualCreditReport.com - This is a centralized service for consumers to request free annual
credit reports. It was created by the three nationwide consumer credit reporting companies:
Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion. AnnualCreditReport.com is the only service authorized by
these companies for this purpose. Please note that, as a security precaution, consumers should never provide their personal information to any other company or person in connection with
requesting free annual credit reports under the FACT Act. AnnualCreditReport.com will not approach consumers via email, telemarketing or direct mail solicitations.
Financial Awareness Basics
- This is a series of podcasts from Educational Credit Management Corporation that targets the importance of reviewing your credit report and how to access this information.
The Importance of Good Credit
- This Access Group website provides you with information on Getting Credit, Establishing Good Credit, Credit Scoring, Credit Reporting, Understanding Credit Cards, and Repairing Bad Credit.
Credit Education Center
- This section of the myfico.com web site provides information on credit scoring and credit reporting.
Understanding Credit Scoring
- Learn about the five areas of credit scoring and what you can do to improve your credit score with this free booklet.
Credit Score Estimator
- F.I.C.O. and bankrate.com jointly developed this credit score estimator. Your credit score range is estimated based on answers to ten questions about credit use and payment behavior.
Your credit report only (not your credit score) can be obtained once a year free of charge by residents of certain states from the three credit bureaus:
National Foundation for Credit Counseling
- NFCC, through its Consumer Credit Counseling Service member agencies, provides credit counseling, debt reduction services, and education for financial wellness.
It is highly recommended that you get a copy of your reports and scores prior to starting dental school.