Name: Margaret Hill, D.M.D.
Title: Associate Professor
Current Position: Associate Dean for Postgraduate Education
Educated at the University of Eastern Kentucky University (undergraduate) with a B.S. in Biology with a minor in Chemistry. Dr. Hill subsequently attended the University of Louisville School of Dentistry, earning DMD in 1987. She then earned a certificate in General Practice Residency at the University of Louisville School of Dentistry in 1988. At the University of Kentucky, Dr. Hill completed her residency program in Periodontics in 1990.
Faculty Practice Location
U of L Healthcare Outpatient Center
401 East Chestnut St., Suite 550
Louisville, KY 40202
Clinical Periodontal Research
- Course Directorships
- Periodontics 800 – First Year DMD
- Periodontics 819 – Advanced Periodontics Fourth Year DMD
- Advanced Periodontics – Second Year Dental Hygiene
- Clinical Periodontics – Third/Fourth Year DMD
- Clinical Preventive Dentistry - Third/Fourth Year DMD
- IV Sedation Course – Graduate Periodontics
- Course Participation
- Sophomore Preclinical Periodontics – Second Year DMD
- Sophomore Periodontics – Second Year DMD
- Junior Periodontics – Third Year DMD
- Periodontics – First Year Dental Hygiene
- Ethics in Dentistry – Seminar Leader – Fourth Year DMD
- Introduction to Clinical Dentistry I – First Year DMD
- Introduction to Clinical Dentistry II – Second Year DMD
- Occlusion – Graduate Periodontics
- Preview to Dentistry – Undergraduate Biology 390
“A Multicenter Single Blind Study of the Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure compared to scaling and root planning alone, Modified Widman Flap Surgery, or Coronal Debridement alone in the treatment of Chronic Periodontitis.
Women’s Liaison to ADEA; Assessment and Effectiveness Committee (Chair); Student Review Council (Chair)
Linda Klump (502-852-6928)
- Hill M, Moore RL: Locally Acting Oral Chemotherapeutic Agents. Contemporary Periodontics, Robert Genco, Editor, 2004.
- Drisko C, Hill M: The Role of Dental Hygienists in Periodontal Therapy. Contemporary Periodontics, Robert Genco, editor, 2004.
- Hill M, Moore RL: Oral Health Management in Chronically Ill Patients in Home Health Care, ed. John Sprat, M.D., St. Lucie Press, 1997.
- Johnson GK, Hill M. Smoking and the Periodontal Patient. A state of the art review. J Periodontol 2004;75:196-209
- Iasella JM, Greenwell H, Miller RL, Hill M, Drisko CL, Bohra AA, Scheetz JP. Ridge preservation with freeze-dried bone allograft and a collagen membrane compared to extraction alone for implant site development: a clinical and histologic study in humans.
- J Periodontol. 2003 Jul;74(7):990-9.
- Woodyard JG, Greenwell, H, Hill M, Drisko C, Iasella JM, Sheetz JP. The clinical effect of acellular dermal matrix on gingival thickness and root coverage compared to coronally positioned flap alone.
- J Periodontol. 2004 Jan;75(1):44-56.
- Vidal R, Greenwell H, Hill M, Papageorgakopoulos G, Scheetz JP: Success Rate of Immediate Implants Placed and Restored by Novice Operators. Implant Dentistry: Accepted for publication - 2009.
- Shepherd N, Greenwell H, Hill M, Vidal R, Scheetz JP: Root Coverage Utilizing Acellular Dermal Matrix and Comparing a Coronally Positioned Tunnel with and without Platelet Rich Plasma: A Pilot Study in Humans. J Periodontol: 2009, Vol. 80, No. 3: 397-404.