Checkist of Healthy Boundaries
When your boundaries are intact in a relationship, you:
- Have clear preferences and act on them.
- Trust your own intuition while being open to other’s opinions.
- Have excited interest in self-enhancing hobbies and activities.
- See your partner as stimulating your excitement, not as causing it.
- Only do favors you choose to do (you can say “no”).
- Appreciate feedback and can distinguish it from attempts to manipulate.
- Integrate sex so that you can enjoy it but never at the cost of your integrity.
- Are always aware of choices.
- Insist others’ boundaries be as safe as your own.
- Are living a life that mostly approximates what you always wanted for yourself.
- Mostly feel secure and clear.
- Protect your privacy without having to lie or without having to take pains to hide things.