All currently enrolled University of Louisville students may use the Center's services. Students must be enrolled in summer classes in order to begin therapy during the summer. Students enrolled in programs on the Health Science Center (HSC) Campus can contact the HSC location as a starting point. Faculty and staff seeking services (even if taking classes) should contact the UofL Employee Assistance Program, Human Development Company for services.
We provide individual, group, and couples counseling, crisis intervention, urgent consultation and referral, medication management referral, consultation, and outreach to students . One individual must be a currently enrolled student in order to receive services as a couple.Services are covered by student fees, and do not require additional payment, with the exception of psychological assessment. We offer assessments for students concerned about learning disabilities and/or Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) for a reasonable fee. If you would like more information or have a specific request, please stop by the office or give us a call. Printed materials are available about our services, your rights and responsibilities as a client at the Center, and about various mental health topics.
If you'd like to begin services at the Counseling Center, you can walk in M-F from 8:30-4:30 for a brief 30 minute triage (no appointment necessary). From there, you and your clinician will decide next steps, which may include scheduling an Initial Assessment, referrals to other on or off campus resources, and/or being added to our waitlist (if applicable). If you have questions about this process, please contact the Counseling Center at 502-852-6585 or stop by the office.
Please note that walk-in services are provided on a first come, first served basis. Our busiest time is 3-4:30pm. Please plan to arrive as early as possible to allow time to complete paperwork and be seen by a clinician. You may be asked to return the following day for non-urgent requests if there are several students ahead of you.
|Monday:||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday:||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday:||8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Thursday:||8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Friday:||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Saturday and Sunday:||closed|
Walk-in triages and urgent consultations are available M-F from 8:30am-4:30pm; first come, first served. Our busiest time is 3-4:30pm. Please plan to arrive as early as possible to allow time to complete paperwork and be seen by a clinician. You may be asked to return the following day for non-urgent requests if there are several students ahead of you.
Please note that the Counseling Center is open year-round with the following exceptions:
- University holidays: these dates do not necessarily coincide with the Academic Calendar.
- University closings: schedule changes for inclement weather/ "snow days," late starts and early dismissals. Note that we are not considered a “clinic,” and are closed/delayed when classes and offices are cancelled/delayed due to inclement weather or other emergencies. We will reopen when classes resume/offices reopen.
- Oaks Day
We respect students' privacy, so all communication within the Center is confidential, with a few exceptions. These exceptions are:
- when the information relates to clear and imminent danger to an individual,
- when a state law requires the reporting of information (threats of violence, child abuse or neglect, spouse abuse), and
- when information is requested by court order. Any disclosure in these situations will be made to an appropriate authority and will be limited to material directly pertinent to the issue involved.
Please note that we will not release any information obtained through interviews, counseling sessions, or testing without the written permission of a client.
215 Central Avenue, Suite 201
Louisville, Kentucky 40208