3410 Northwestern Parkway
Louisville, KY 40212
The oldest elementary school in Jefferson County and serves students in Kindergarten thru 5th grade; provides academic opportunities that involve high expectations, in-depth thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Partnership programs include:
- Student field placement - Students from education are placed in the school as part of their program requirement by providing assistance to teachers in the classroom.
- Professional Development - In collaboration with the College of Education and Human Development, professional development is offered to teachers in science, social studies, and technology. Follow-up support is provided to teachers during the fall and spring semesters.
- A faculty member from the College of Education and Human Development serves as a liaison to the school offering assistance to the school's environmental magnet program.
- Two classes in education are currently taught on site, bringing UofL students into the building. UofL students are familiarized with the school environment and provide assistance to the school.
Programs in which the University of Louisville was previously involved
- Faculty and staff provided consultation on school's redesign team during its transition to an Environmental Magnet School.
For more information about the school, contact:
Angela Hosch, Principal