Outstanding Community Engagement Award
The Outstanding Community Engagement Award was created in 2009 by Provost Shirley Willihnganz as a way to recognize faculty, staff, students and community partners who are involved in outstanding community engagement service. A monetary award of $2,500 will go to each recipient engaged in exemplary community engagement activities such as volunteerism, community based learning, outreach, partnerships, curricular engagement or community based research.
Recipients will be selected based on their work to improve community, particularly in the areas of, but not necessarily, Education, Health, Economic Development, Social Services, Arts and Culture, or Sustainability. The award is intended to recognize outstanding local, regional, rural, or international engagement.
All nominees will be invited to attend the Community Engagement Reception in October 2013 where award recipients will be announced.
Previous award recipients are not eligible to apply for this award cycle, however previous nominations are encouraged to resubmit. Self-nominations are not accepted. Community Partners must be nominated by a university student, faculty, staff or alumnus. There is no requirement for the award to be given in every category each year.
- Faculty member must have a minimum 5 years continuous employment at UofL
- Award may be given to individual or group of faculty (e.g. department or academic unit)
- Full-time and part-time faculty are eligible
- Staff member must have a minimum 5 years continuous employment at UofL
- Award may be given to individual or group of staff (e.g. office or administrative unit)
- Full-time and part-time staff members are eligible
- Community engagement activity or service must have taken place while student(s) at UofL
- Award may be given to individual or group of students (e.g. RSO, class)
- Full-time and part-time students are eligible
Community Partner Award
- Award will be given to community service agency for outstanding community work in partnership with UofL
- Organization must be a 501c(3) agency in good standing
Award Criteria Faculty (Word document)
Award Criteria Staff (Word document)
Award Criteria Student (Word document)
Award Criteria Community Partner (Word document)
**Please answer all questions using the format provided in the criteria.
Examples of award winning applications are provided below to use as a reference, if needed.
Note: Adobe Reader is required to open and view the nominations. Adobe Reader is a free download.
Faculty (Word document)
Staff (Word document)
Student (Word document)
Community Partner (Word document)
For questions regarding criteria or the nomination process, please email Susan Jenkins.
Evaluation Instrument (Word document)
Call for nominations - March 7, 2013
Submission deadline - April 29, 2013
Community Engagement Reception - October 2013