About the Vice President
The Vice President for Community Engagement reports directly to the President. This position is responsible for serving as an extension of the President through service on various boards and committees, both within the University and in the external community. This position shall be responsible for coordinating university-wide community engagement and shall advise the President on matters relating to the university's strategic objectives in the areas of community and public affairs.
- Represent the President on University and external community boards, committees, and task forces.
- Serve as a liaison between the President and the University and external community.
- Support and advance university-wide community engagement and advise the President of pertinent community issues affecting the institution.
- Communicate effectively the President's vision, the University's strategic plan, as well as other relevant information regarding the University goals and operations.
- Build effective relationships and partnerships with internal and external constituents.
- Work effectively with the University's senior leadership team.
- Ensure the operation of the unit fulfills the academic mission of the University.
Biography of Daniel Hall, Vice President for Community Engagement