Description: Because we know that bicycling and walking are the foundation of so many great things… safe communities, strong economies and healthy, happy people. The Summit will allow people to network and learn how communities and states have taken their first and next steps to become more bicycle and pedestrian friendly. Some outcomes we hope the Summit will help us achieve:
– Design and build safe and inviting walking and bicycling facilities.
– Develop an action plan for making your community more bike and walk-friendly.
– Help KY communities and businesses achieve Walk and Bike-Friendly Awards.
– Improve Kentucky’s Bike-Friendly Ranking (currently 44 in the nation).
– Form advocacy networks at the local, regional and state level.
– Plan and develop a system of regional & statewide trails and bike routes.
Registration is required. http://kywalkbikesummit.com/