Career Fair Preparation
The Fall Career and Graduate School Fair is Thursday of next week. Are you ready? The University Career Center is here to help! We have 63 organizations registered (44 employers and 19 graduate and professional schools). Review the complete list, A-Z, in Handshake.
Here are more resources to help you prepare:
- Career Fair Video Channel - our CandidCareer videos has a Career Fair channel with several short (4 minutes or less) videos about how to be successful at career fairs.
- Dress for Success - CandidCareer also has a Dress for Success channel with videos and advice from employers.
- Professional Attire- a handout with pictures of what to wear.
- Career Fair ABCs - a handout of career fair tips, A-Z.
- Career Fair Dos and Don'ts - a handout with 5 dos and don't for success at a career fair.
- 60 Second Introduction - a handout on how to introduce yourself to employers.
- Elevator Pitch - is another name for your introduction.
Don't forget about your resume!
- Check out our Resume Guide and Examples on our website.
- Submit your resume to our Document Drop, turn-around time is two days.
- Stop by during Drop-In Hours, M-F, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Share these resources with your fellow students and encourage them to attend the Fall Career and Graduate School Fair!