Beware of Holiday Fraud
The holiday season tends to bring about more fraudulent activity, and job searching is not excluded from this. The University Career Center wants you to have a happy holiday season and not fall prey to fraudulent jobs.
Avoid offers of employment that include:
- High pay with little work
- Cashing checks and wiring money
- Poor grammar or punctuation
- Offering a job without even interviewing you
These are just a few of the "red flags." Below are some resources to help you protect yourself
- Safe Job Hunting by the University Career Center
- Welcome to the Phishbowl by the UofL Department of Information Technology - this site has several examples of actual scams
- Articles written by the University Career Center
- Hunting for a Job? Watch Out for Scammers by The Kentucky Attorney General
Students who receive a scam email to their student email address should report it to UofL Information Technology Services:
- Send the resulting message and attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line identifying the message as a phishing report.