If you a presentation from the Career Development Center, we ask that you notify us two (2) weeks in advance.
Here are some quick steps to coordinate a career-related class-assignment with us:
1. Check out our list of assignment or presentation options to determine how you would like us to assist.
2. Submit the online form to make us aware of your request.
3. Our office will confirm receipt of your request and assist in executing your assignment or presentation request.
Request a workshop or presentation by accessing the link below.
Sample Presentation Topics
- Choosing a Major/Career: Students learn about career decision-making and the steps to choosing a major, including self-exploration activities and resources to learn about UofL's majors.
- Interviewing: Students learn what to expect in an interview, how to research employers, etiquette, dressing for success and more.
- Job Search Strategies: review of key steps in the job search process, including essential job search tools and strategies and how to make the process more manageable.
- Resume Writing/Cover Letters: We discuss the purpose of a resume, different resume styles, and formatting strategies.
- Personal Branding: Students gain insight into how to effectively brand themselves on social media and how to use LinkedIn to raise their professional profile.
- Job Market Overview: Over 70% of our graduates stay in our local region. Call on the Career Development Center to give an overview of what our local and national job market looks like based on the industry.
Requests should be submitted two weeks prior to the anticipated presentation date and may last for up to one hour. We will try to process your request as quickly as possible and will contact you should we need any further information. While we try to accommodate each request, in rare circumstances we may not be able to assist due to other engagements or conflicts.
If you have any questions regarding presentations or your specific presentation request, please contact Karen Boston at 852-6701 or firstname.lastname@example.org.