The role of career services and its' call to facilitate students' transition from college to career is more important now than it has ever been. The Career Development Center at the University of Louisville functions in part due to the generous support of our Employer Partners.
Partnership Program Benefits
Two words: Increased access. We promote all opportunities to UofL students. However, due to the volume of the opportunities we receive, the Career Development Center will prioritize increased promotion and access to students for organizations that are willing to make the investment in their recruiting efforts.
In 2015, we created our partnership program that allows our office to assist organizations who want to gain a competitive advantage and do more at the University of Louisville. To learn more, please contact our Acting Director, Caroline Houchins, at 502-852-4740 and ask about our Partnership Program.
WE can do more TOGETHER
This program is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your commitment and support to the UofL Career Development Center and our students. We rely on the support of our valued employers to achieve our mission of preparing students for their transition from college to career.
- Resume Makeover Event. This event will be coordinated as a drop-in event designed to give you face time with students and for students to receive valuable feedback on their resumes from you. The event will be open to ALL majors!
- Practice Interview Day(s). Practice Interview Days are full or half day events staffed with local employers providing students an opportunity to go through a 30 minutes practice interview session to receive your feedback.
- Multicultural Career Development Series. This program is designed for leading companies locally and nationally who value diversity to come network over lunch with students and learn what their company does around diversity and how to learn about jobs, opportunities, the corporate setting, and build a network.
- Etiquette Dinners. This event is for students wanting to brush up on their etiquette before they have a meal with an employer. This event gives you, the employer, a great opportunity to create a conversation and build relationships with our students at UofL.
Student Leadership Programs:
- Engage Lead Service Board (ELSB). This program is an arm of the Student Government Association responsible for planning and promoting community engagement opportunities for students.
- Freshmen LEAD. Freshmen LEAD offers leadership development, community service, and networking opportunities to first-year students at the University of Louisville. Participants are introduced to leadership skills that expand their social network and broaden their horizons.
- Task Force Freshmen (TFF). A leadership program designed with a focus on preparing students for leadership roles in student government.
A Few of Our Current Partners