The Career Development Center is much more than “the place to go to find a job” when you’re ready to graduate. In fact, we’re here for you from the moment you step foot on campus and will continue to be here for you when you join our ever-growing alumni network. We offer many services to facilitate your major and career choice throughout your lifetimes.
Are you trying to figure out what occupations or majors are a good fit for you? We offer three different career related assessments for students and alumni. Each assessment provides insight into what career options may be a good fit for those exploring their options.
Holland's Theory of Career Choice Module
The Holland's Theory of Career Choice Module allows you to connect your Holland Code to majors at the University of Louisville. To obtain your Holland code, complete the Cards Career Navigator (FOCUS II) below have your results interpreted in a Career Assessment appointment.
Cards Career Navigator (FOCUS II)
The Cards Career Navigatorcan help make connections between your interests, values, and skills and the majors found at UofL. With three research-based sections, the Cards Career Navigator generates a list of occupations that match your assessment results. To take the Cards Career Navigator and have your results interpreted for FREE, complete the following steps:
- Complete the New User Self-Registration and use the following access code: cards. Use the following format for your UofL email address: email@example.com.
- Take all three assessments (work interests, skills, and values). It should take you approximately 15-20 minutes to complete all three.
- Schedule a Career Assessment appointment with your Assistant Director of Career Engagement in Cards Career Connection powered by Handshake to have your results interpreted.
Strong Interest Inventory (SII)
The Strong Interest Inventory (SII) measures interests in a broad range of occupations, work activities, leisure activities, and school subjects. It provides a comparison of individual interests with people working in different occupations who are satisfied with their career choices. It increases self-awareness by suggesting particular environments in which individuals like to learn and work, and types of activities people find satisfying. Price: $15 alone, or $25 for both the SII and MBTI.
- Call the Career Development Center at (502) 852-6701 to discuss taking the SII. Once it is determined the SII is an appropriate assessment, you will take the assessment online and schedule a Career Assessment appointment.
Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
The Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is the most widely used personality inventory. It is used to increase self-awareness and to help individuals understand and appreciate the differences of others. The MBTI measures preferences in four different areas and produces a personality type for each individual. It assists in career decision-making by providing information about what personality types are most often represented in different career fields. Price: $15 alone, or $25 for both the MBTI and SII.
- Call the Career Development Center at (502) 852-6701 to discuss taking the MBTI. Once it is determined the MBTI is an appropriate assessment, you will take the assessment online and schedule a Career Assessment appointment.