Career outcome data found on the University Career Center's webpages was collected via an electronic survey software. Graduates from the December 2016, May 2017, and August 2017 were invited to take the survey beginning December 18, 2017. The survey remained open through May 2018 and email reminders were sent.
Graduates from all undergraduate and degree seeking programs were surveyed, except associate degree and certificate recipients, and graduates from the Brandeis School of Law.
Surveys were sent to 4,714 degree recipients. The survey yielded 1,113 (N = 1113) responses, for a response rate of 23.61%.
- Average full-time salary is displayed for majors/program with 5+ survey respondents
- Average full-time salary is calculated using the mid-point of salary ranges (ex. a student indicates their starting salary is $30,000-39,999, therefore $35,000 is used in the average salary calculation)
- Company/organization, job title, employment sector, and location is displayed for majors/programs with 3+ survey respondents
- Post-graduation status is only representative of those who completed the First Destination Survey, and may not be generalizable to all degree recipients.
- The timeline for full-time employment varies by alumni; results from the First Destination Survey may not be generalizable to all degree recipients.
- Average full-time salaries vary by degree, years of experience, job classification, company/organization, location of employment, etc.; results from the First Destination Survey many not be generalizable to all degree recipients.