Cards Career Connection powered by Handshake
Cards Career Connection powered by Handshake is the Career Development Center's all-encompassing interactive web platform that connects students and alumni with jobs, employers, and CDC staff members.
Alumni have access to appointments with Career Development Center staff members free of charge within 12 months of graduation. After 12 months, there is a $35 fee per appointment.
After you request access to Cards Career Connection powered by Handshake, your alumni status will be verified by the Career Development Center and approved within 1 business day.
Use Cards Career Connection powered by Handshake to:
- Schedule an appointment with your career counselor, internship coordinator, and employer engagement coordinator.
- Search and apply for federal work-study, internships, part-time, and full-time job opportunities.
- Sign-up for workshop series to facilitate your professional development.
Cards Career Connection powered by Handshake is available to all majors and alumni of the University of Louisville.
The College of Business will continue to use COB Career Trakfor business majors only to list coops, internships and part-time and full-time opportunities for new and experienced business majors.
The J.B. Speed School of Engineering will continue to use SPEED SYMPLICITY for engineering majors only to list coops, internships and part-time and full-time opportunities for new and experienced engineering majors.
JOB POSTING/HUNTING WARNING & DISCLAIMER
We are dedicated to providing the safest possible environment for you to search for jobs and manage your career. To assist with that goal, we ask that you keep a few simple security precautions in mind when evaluating job postings.
The University of Louisville Career Development Center posts job listings for the convenience of students. Any posting of by an employer is not endorsed by the University nor do we promote them. The University does not make any guarantees on employment with any employer. These postings and our efforts should be used as an assistance/connector for the students and the employers. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment without limitations. The students responsibility is to research the companies and making a sound judgment on where they should apply for the position. Please use caution when applying for positions.>
- Do not give your personal bank account, PayPal account, or credit card information to a new employer.
- Do not agree to have funds or paychecks directly deposited into any accounts by a new employer.
- Do not forward, transfer or send by courier (i.e. FedEx, UPS), or “wire” any money to any employer, for any employer, using your personal account(s).
- Do not transfer money and retain a portion for payment.
- Do not respond to suspicious and/or “too good to be true” unsolicited job emails.
- Typically, applicants do not pay a fee to obtain a job, but there are some instances where this may occur. Please consult with the University of Louisville Career Development Center before making a decision.
Regrettably, all online job posting sites are susceptible to occasional scams. While we make every effort to prevent this abuse we are not immune to such activity. To help you conduct a safer job search please familiarize yourself with the following information provided by the Federal Trade Commission to help you better manage your career.
If you have any questions regarding the registration process, feel free to contact us for more information at 502.852.6701.