HSC Immunization Requirements
The following immunizations are required for Health Sciences Students for the 2013-2014 Academic Year
All students in the Schools of Dentistry, Medicine and Upper Division of the Nursing School including Graduate Nursing programs, Audiology and Speech Pathology are required to have the immunizations listed below, in addition to an annual TB skin test. Please print and complete the U of L Immunization Compliance Form and submit it, along with all official documentation of your immunizations. Questions concerning the Health Science Campus requirement can be directed to Immunize@louisville.edu.
Campus Health Services, located on the Health Science Campus, can take care of any immunizations you may need to be compliant.
- Tetanus-Diphtheria Acellular Pertussis (Tdap)
- 1 Tdap dose of vaccine regardless of when last Td was given
1 dose of Td beginning 10 years after Tdap.
- Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR)
- Measles: 2 doses of vaccine or positive titer
Mumps: 2 doses of vaccine or positive titer
Rubella: 1 dose of vaccine or positive titer
- Hepatitis B Vaccine (HepB)
- 3 doses of vaccine followed by HepBSAb titer, reported with a QUANTITATIVE value.
- Varicella (Chickenpox) Vaccine
- 2 doses of vaccine or positive antibody titer
- Tuberculosis Skin Testing (TST)
- No prior history of positive TST:
- Two Tuberculosis Skin Tests (TST) at least two weeks apart but not more 60 days prior to your start date and then annually while in training or
- Interferon Gamma Release Assay (Quantiferon TB Gold or Tspot) within 60 days prior to start date.
- Prior history of (+) TST or active Tuberculosis
- Provide documentation of positive TST or IGRA (Tspot or Quantiferon TB Gold), treatment, if any and latest CXR report for medical review
- Flu Vaccine
- Annual - available September through January and free to students