Insurance and Fees
We strongly urge all students to consider purchasing major medical health insurance if you are currently uninsured. The University of Louisville is pleased to have partnered with Academic Health Plans academic year to provide a student insurance product. .
The university-sponsored student insurance program is available for all 2013-2014 students who meet the following criteria:
- All undergraduate students who are currently enrolled for 6 or more hours
- Graduate and doctoral students who are in degree status for up to 9 months
- All international students
- Eligible dependents and spouses
For current pricing click here
For commonly asked questions regarding the University Sponsored Student Insurance Plan, click here
All students enrolled in the MD, DMD, Dental Hygiene, RN (upper division) APRN, the Audiology & Speech Pathology programs, and the School of Public Health are required to pay a Professional Health Fee and have major medical insurance. You may waive the major medical insurance (provided by AHP) with proof of similar coverage through the link on our website. Also, all students in the School of Public Health are required to pay the Professional Health Fee but are not required to have major medical insurance. The Professional Health Fee is $52.50 per semester.
- Information on insurance requirements for international students studying at the University of Louisville
For more information, email the Campus Health Services Insurance Coordinator.