Select information recently published through the Institute referencing current & evolving Bioethical & Health Policy issues.
- 2020 Public Health Law Reference Guide for Ky Courts, 2nd edition
- PDF file
- Regulation of International Direct-to-Participant Genomic Research
- Link to research webpage.
- Addressing ELSI Issues in Unregulated Health Research Using Mobile Devices
- Link to NIH Research project website.
- Symposium Issue One
- Harmonizing Privacy Laws to Enable International Biobank Research Part I
- Symposium Issue Two
- Harmonizing Privacy Laws to Enable International Biobank Research Part II
- Mark Hebert interview on UofL Today
- Click this link to hear Professor Mark Rothstein's 15 minute interview discussing his recent $1.92M NIH award to conduct a research study from 2017 through 2020 entitled "Addressing ELSI Issues in Unregulated Health Research Using Mobile Devices" with the University's Mark Hebert.
- Compelled Disclosure of Health Records: Updated Estimates
- In both the popular media and scholarly literature, breaches of health privacy, confidentiality, and security are often associated with unlawful or unethical actions that result in disclosures of health information to individuals or entities with no right to access them. Although it is important to address wrongful access, disclosure, and use of health information, the focus on wrongful acts frequently overlooks the significant threat to health privacy posed by lawful disclosures of health information to individuals and entities with the economic or legal leverage to require individuals to sign authorizations for the disclosure of their health information.
- Is Patient Privacy Dead?
- Click this link to view Prof. Rothstein's presentation at Boston University's Cathy Shine Lecture series, March 2018.
- Is Deidentification Sufficient to Protect Health Privacy in Research?
- Published in the American Journal of Bioethics, volume 10, issue 3, in 2010