Minor in Chinese Studies
18 credit hours as follows:
1. Completion of Chinese 301 and 302 (6 hours).
2. Electives in Chinese Studies two of the following (6 hours) :
- CHST: Chinese Studies
- CHST 313: Special Topics
- CHST 323: Doing Business in China
- CHST 331: Chinese Culture and Tradition
- CHST 333: Contemporary China
- CHST 335: China Through Film - CD1
- CHST 341: Ethnicity and Religion in China
- CHST 351: Chinese Literature in Translation I - CD1
- CHST 352: Chinese Literature in Translation II - CD1
- CHST 353: Chinese Literary Theory
- CHST 361: Western Literature in China
3. Two of the following (6 hours) :
- Anthropology 317: Anthropology of China - CD2
- Art History 335: 20th Century Chinese Artists - CD1
- Art History 337: Eastern Asia Landscape Art
- Art History 339: Architecture and Gardens in China and Japan
- Art History 342/542: Chinese Calligraphy
- Art History 531/631: Nationalism and Modern Art & Architecture in China & Japan
- History 397: Traditional China
- History 398: Modern China
- Humanities 307: East Asian Cultures - CD1
- Humanities 342: Eastern Mysticism
- Humanities 343: East Asian Religions
- Humanities 369: Asian Theatre
- Modern Language 270: Chinese Contributions - CD1
- Political Science 365: People Republic China - WR
*Classes are offered in English and can be taken concurrently with Chinese language classes.
*At least (3) semester hours of the requirements for a minor must be successfully completed while enrolled on the University of Louisville.
*Note that the courses which satisfy the minor may change, and substitutions may be made with the approval of the director.