A&S Diversity Programs
Diversity Awards are presented annually for faculty diversity champions, staff diversity champions, and exemplary departments.
Saturday Academy high school event 2009-2010
Yearlings Club Series is a speaker series that bridges the University and local communities and seeks solutions to issues important to our local communities. It is co-sponsored by the University of Louisville College of Arts and Sciences and the Yearlings Club.
Yearlings Club Community Reception 2009-2010
- NETWORK Luncheon Series hosts regular luncheon dialogues focusing on racial and cultural diversity and addressing specific topics that are of interest to members of both UofL and Metro Louisville communities.
Inclusion and Equity Interns provides students with an opportunity to apply their education and passion for inclusion and equity to actual programming.
Inclusion and Equity Internship Week 2009-2010
- Graduate Students Diversity Workshops train graduate students in the theory and practice of inclusive pedagogy. These are conducted in collaboration with School of Interdisciplinary and Graduate Studies.
- -- The Commission on Diversity and the Office of Research Diversity (CODRE) offers grants for undergraduate and graduate student research.
Staff Diversity Workshops include a series of workshops during the fall and spring terms for all staff in the College of Arts and Sciences
Strong Wind Blows activity
- Inclusive Campus Environment Program Discussion groups for staff focusing on creating an inclusive campus environment.
- Inclusive Teaching Circles (ITC) are small, consistent groups of faculty, lecturers, and GTAs who are dedicated to teaching that is inclusive and equitable for all students.
Programs Geared Toward Children
- The Socially Just Parenting Project provides resources and a forum for parents who want to raise children who will see the world through a social justice lens and be committed to promoting social justice.