Diversity Champion Award
WHO IS ELIGIBLE: This award is for faculty and staff of the College of Arts & Sciences who embody a commitment to diversity and to constructing an inclusive campus community.
WHAT IS AWARDED: $500 and a plaque-mounted certificate
TOTAL AWARDS: 2 (submit one nomination packet per nominee per category)
CRITERIA: A Diversity Champion demonstrates these qualities:
- an understanding that a commitment to diversity means focusing on dismantling the unjust structures that systematically marginalize or exclude some, while privileging and advantaging others
- works consistently to promote an inclusive campus community at UofL
- an on-going commitment to diversity
- an understanding of how the commitment to diversity is an integral part of the College’s mission and inseparable from the goal of excellence in achieving that mission
- goes beyond their job description or student responsibilities to accomplish these objectives
Nomination materials should be sent to email@example.com or delivered to Stevenson Hall, Room 514 before January 11, 2017.
For further details, including criteria and the nomination process, please visit http://louisville.edu/artsandsciences/awards/nominations or contact Dr. Theresa Rajack-Talley at (502) 852-7802 firstname.lastname@example.org