About Monday Memo
Search the Monday Memo
The goal of the A&S Monday Memo is two-fold:
- to cut down on the number of emails going out via the A&S faculty and staff listservs
- to increase actual reading of requests and information disseminated from the Dean's Office
All Monday Memo items must be submitted via this form. This keeps all announcements organized in one central place and helps us avoid missing anything.
However, on the occasion that you have supporting documents (e.g. flyers), please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and type "MONDAY MEMO" in the subject line. If it is a time-sensitive announcement that you feel cannot wait until the Monday Memo, you can also email it, but be sure to copy Lindsey Brown Ronay on the note and type "TIME SENSITIVE MONDAY MEMO" in the subject line.
As a rule, please submit your content for the following week's memo by 12 Noon on Thursday. If your announcement has accompanying material, please try to provide that as a web link. If that is not possible, you can forward the material as an attachment.
Note: If you wish an upcoming event to appear in the events column of the Monday Memo, you need to submit it to the University calendar, Localist. More information about the University events calendar can be found here.
Regular, i.e. non-event, Monday Memo content can include but is not necessarily exclusive to the following:
- Good news or kudos about A&S faculty, staff, students, alumni, friends and/or programs
- Announcements related to administrative, financial, IT, and/or HR policies and procedures
- Professional development opportunities
- Changes to advising policies or procedures
- Information pertinent to instruction, research and/or service
- Advancement information, e.g. items related to fundraising successes, communications and marketing, and alumni relations
- Department chair and UBM announcements
Faculty: please submit information about publications, grants, awards, and leadership roles. However, given the number of conference presentations, please do not submit those unless they are keynote addresses or special invitations. We also suggest you forward those to the A&S Research Office, if you haven't already.
The last Monday Memo of the month will be events only, and it will include events and descriptions for the six weeks following that memo. Anything submitted the second to last week of the month won’t appear in the Monday Memo until the first week of the following month, so please plan your submissions accordingly to ensure timely announcements. As always, there will be a column listing events in the first three Monday Memos of the month, and you can also find A&S events via uofl.me/as-events.
Direct all Monday Memo feedback, suggestions, corrections and submissions to email@example.com.