A&S Planning and Budget Commmittee Minutes Oct 12 2005
Minutes: A&S Planning and Budget Committee
Date: Oct. 12, 2005
Members Present: Gregory Hutcheson. Greg Leichty, Martin Klotz (Chair), Allan Whitt, Robert Buchanan (ex-officio), CS Jayanthi (ex-officio)
Members Absent: Regina Roebuck, Susan DeWitt, Peter France,
Meeting called to order at 3:10 p.m.
- Discussion and approval of minutes of Sept. 14, 2005
- Discussion of A & S Enhancement Fund, and the Dean’s memo of Aug. 29, 2005. All proposals received by the Committee are to be treated as confidential, not to be discussed outside of Committee. The Dean will forward soon a clarification of his earlier guidelines. The Committee will development criteria for evaluating the proposals, and will arrive at a rank-ordering of all proposals by Jan. 31, 2006.
- The Committee made a decision to forward to the Dean a reminder of the recommendations from last AY re improving the calculation of graduation statistics and the need for institutional, in-house research on the issue of student retention. The draft of the memo was discussed, minor changes were made to it, and it was approved for sending forward.
- There was no new business to be discussed.
- The meeting adjourned at 4:10 p.m.
Submitted by: Allen Whitt