A&S Planning and Budget Commmittee Minutes Jan 28 2005
Minutes: A&S Planning and Budget Committee
January 28, 2005
Members present: Martin Klotz (Chair), Susan DeWitt, Jeffery Jack, Christopher Tillquist, Allen Whitt, C,J, Jayanthi (ex officio)
Member absent: Carol Mattingly, Regina Roebuck,
The meeting convened at 2:00 PM at Gardiner Hall
1) The committee discussed the scheduling of meetings and its agenda for the Spring 2005 semester. It was decided to meet regularly on every 3rd Friday at 2 PM for the rest of the semester; pending input from members not able to attend.
2) Old business: Because the meeting with the Dean on December 6, 2004, was cancelled, the committee voted to prepare a letter to the Dean. The points to be addressed in the letter were defined by the agenda set for the cancelled meeting in December, namely concerns regarding advising, working conditions, General Education requirements of the University, the percentage of part-time instructors, and the Scorecard. The chair was asked to develop a draft of the letter and circulate it electronically among committee members for comment.
3) New business: The future of graduate research in the college was added to the list of subjects to be discussed in the committee and with the college administration. This move was supported by C.S. Jayanthi, A&S Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Education.
4) The next meeting was scheduled for February 18 at 2 PM in Gardiner Hall.
5) The committee concluded its meeting at 2:55 PMSubmitted by Martin Klotz for approval by the committee.