A&S Planning and Budget Commmittee Minutes Jan 21 2004
Minutes: A&S Planning and Budget Commmittee
January 21, 2004
Members present: George Barnes, Susan DeWitt, Martin Klotz, Carol Mattingly, Regina Roebuck, Inessa Levi (ex officio); absent: Allan Whitt
The meeting convened at 9:03 a.m.
1) Minutes of the December 1, 2003, meeting were adopted and will be posted on the web.
2) Nat Schwartz, has resigned from chairing the B&P committee because he is on leave.
2.1) A substitute committee member is going to be elected by ballot to be prepared by the Dean’s office (Professor Roselle Taylor).
2.2) Martin Klotz was nominated and unanimously elected as chair of the P&B committee.
3) Meeting times for the 2004 Spring semester were discussed and the committee agreed on a routine meeting on every first Monday of the month at 1:30 PM.
4) The committee discussed recent developments in the budgeting process for the University and its implications for the college in context with
- the plan of the college to increase funded research
- the new format of Summer school
- the interim leadership of the college after Dean Brennan’s departure.
5) The next meeting was scheduled for February 2, 2004.
6) The meeting adjourned at 10:10 a.m.
Submitted by Martin Klotz for approval during the next committee meeting.