A&S Planning and Budget Commmittee Minutes Dec 14 2005
Minutes: A&S Planning and Budget Committee
Date: December 14, 2005
Members Present: Gregory Hutcheson. Greg Leichty, Martin Klotz (Chair), Robert Buchanan (ex-officio), CS Jayanthi (ex-officio)
Meeting called to order at 3:10 p.m.
- Discussion and approval of minutes of Sept. 14, 2005
- PBC approved the report to the Dean on its review of the proposed Master of Fine Arts in Studio Art and Design Degree program at the University of Louisville , which was prepared by the Chair.
- As per charge by the Dean, PBC discussed the proposal to integrate the present "School of Urban and Public Affairs" as an entity in the College of Arts and Science. Due to an out-of-town commitment, Allen Whitt provided his comments electronically. The committee consensus of this discussion was to be drafted in form of a recommendation to the Dean and motions to the Faculty assembly in January. PBC agreed to handle the matter electronically but move forward only after a unanimous approval of the recommendations.
- Discussion of A & S Enhancement Fund proposals. PBC agreed to evaluate all proposals individually and find a consensus regarding ranking and recommendation to the Dean in the January meeting of the committee.
- There was no new business to be discussed.
- The meeting adjourned at 4:30 p.m.
Submitted by: Martin Klotz