A&S Planning and Budget Commmittee Minutes Nov 9 2005
Minutes: A&S Planning and Budget Committee
Date: November 9, 2005
Members Present: Gregory Hutcheson. Greg Leichty, Martin Klotz (Chair), Allan Whitt, Robert Buchanan (ex-officio), CS Jayanthi (ex-officio)
Meeting called to order at 3:05 p.m.
- Discussion and approval of minutes of October 12, 2005
- Review and discussion from a planning and budget standpoint of a proposal to initiate a Master of Fine Arts in Studio Art and Design Degree program at the University of Louisville, which will be housed in the Department of Fine Arts in our college .
- Discussion of A & S Enhancement Fund, and the Dean’s memo of Aug. 29, 2005. Upon our request, the Dean provided a clarification of his earlier guidelines directly to the unit chairs. The Committee discussed criteria for evaluating the proposals and agreed on the procedure of evaluation.
- There was no new business to be discussed.
- The meeting adjourned at 4:15 p.m.
Submitted by: Martin Klotz