A&S Planning and Budget Commmittee Minutes Feb 4 2002
Minutes: A&S Planning and Budget Commmittee
February 4, 2002
Members present: Susan DeWitt, Dean Julia Dietrich, ex officio; Linda Gigante, P. J. Ouseph, Thomas Riedel, Pamela Takayoshi, Chair; Nancy Theriot
The meeting was convened at 11:05 A.M.
The primary purpose of the meeting was to outline the issues that the committee has to consider this year. The issues are listed below; their relative priorities will also be part of the committees work.
- The impact of the removal of the +10/+20 compensation, the effect on summer offerings and the role of the summer program in general
- Technology, how to pay for it, in particular the new monthly data line charges
- How to implement the technology requirement for A&S; students
- Supply and equipment budgets within the College
- Staff pay raise, how to pay for it
- Advising, what are the problems and what are the solutions
The members agreed to look at the college budget before the next meeting. The meeting concluded with a discussion of possible times for future meetings, beyond the already scheduled first Monday of every month. It was agreed to meet again on Monday February 18, 2002 at 11:00 a.m.
The meeting adjourned at 11:55 a.m.