A&S Curriculum Committee Minutes Oct 6 2006
College of Arts and Sciences
Curriculum Committee Minutes
October 6, 2006
Members present: K. Chandler (Chair), M. Flairty (A&S Student Council), C. Hanchette, S. Parkhurst, N. Polzer, D. Swanson, R. Taylor
Members absent: P. Eason, M. Rohmann
Guests: E. Ross (Psych), E. Wiley (Engl)
The minutes of the meeting of September 8, 2006, were approved as distributed.
Matt Flairty was welcomed as student representative to the committee.
A teaching enhancement grant proposal from the Department of History was approved.
The following course actions were approved, effective Summer 2007, unless otherwise noted:
- PSYC 432: Vision and Art—prerequisite change
- PSYC 504: Statistics—changed to PSYC 607
- PSYC 581: Introduction to Behavioral Medicine—title change to Health Psychology
- PSYC 601: History of Psychology—new course (The department will submit a CIF to remove the graduate credit option from PSYC 501.)
- PAS 604: Thesis—changed to P/F grade option and 3 hour credit, rather than variable credit
- ENGL 391: The Novel in English I—title and description change to Studies in the Novel
- ENGL 633: 16 th Century Poetry and Prose—title and description change to Renaissance Poetry and Prose
- ENGL 606: Creative Writing I—prerequisite change
- ENGL 607: Creative Writing II—prerequisite change
- ENGL 620: Research in the Composing Process—title change to Research in Composition
- ENGL 595: Literature and Science—new course
Action on the request for WR credit for ENGL 507: The Teaching of Creative Writing was deferred for additional information and a revised syllabus.
The following were deleted from the inventory: ENGL 099: Basic Writing; ENGL 392: Novel in English II; ENGL 395: American Novel; and ENGL 634: 17 th Century Poetry and Prose.
History 385 and 587 were added to elective choices in the Russian Studies minor.