A&S; Curriculum Committee Minutes, 03/05/02
COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
CURRICULUM COMMITTEE MINUTES
March 5, 2002
Members Present: J. McLeod, R. Powers, R. Roebuck, S. Seif, M. Stenger (Chair), R. Taylor, S. Willihnganz
Members Absent: M. Rohmann
The committee continued its discussion of the proposal for the Ph.D. in Humanities.
The committee had concerns or thought that clarification was needed in the following areas:
- admission criteria for the creative track, as the admission criteria do not relate to the tracks in the degree.
- the need for means of evaluation of the "creative dissertation."
- rationale and demonstration of need for each target audience cited.
- clarification of the language requirement; specifically whether or not two additional languages were required of candidates whose native language was other than English.
- clarification of the comprehensive examinations: length; what to be covered; when in the program to be taken.
- was the sequencing of courses and the time for completion of the degree realistic.