Alumni and Friend Opportunities
Did you know...
...that as an alumni of the College of Arts and Sciences, you are eligible for a number of benefits at no cost to you? Benefits include the following:
- free access to more than 1.95 million publications housed in UofL's libraries.
- information and assistance with career opportunities at the Career Development Center.
- a 50% discount on most professional development classes (exceptions include program and project management seminars) and a 25% discount on personal options classes priced $89 or higher.
- a free UofL email address
There are many more meaningful ways to be engage with A&S and the University. Below are some additional opportunities.
The A&S Ambassador Program is a loosely organized and diverse group of alumni and friends who are committed to the College of Arts and Sciences. General membership is open to all alumni and friends who value the College of Arts and Sciences and believe that an excellent education in the liberal arts and sciences is the best preparation for life and work. A&S, and by extension ASAP, value informed and critical thinking, creative problem-solving, and clear communication.
ASAP is not a giving society and there are no dues or fees. Rather, it is society of people who have become or are interested in becoming involved with existing A&S programming and who are willing to spread the word through their networks, both real and virtual. Their mission is to help the College of Arts and Sciences and the University of Louisville Alumni Association in their efforts to connect and engage with A&S students, alumni, and friends and to expand their reach into the community at large.
- Become informed about the university (and particularly A&S) regarding issues of curriculum, budget, student life, faculty affairs, etc. Discuss these issues with other alumni and potential friends of the university and be available to provide feedback to the College on these issues.
- Advocate for the goals of both the College and the University.
- Volunteer at or recruit for two A&S events per semester. For example, bring two friends to a Game Watch party or greet guests at a special event.
- Attend University/College/Alumni sponsored events as often as possible.
- Promote events to your social and professional circles face to face and through the use of social media.
- Special invitations to events and programs sponsored by the Dean of A&S
- A&S Ambassador name badge
- A&S gifts & wearables
- Inside ‘scoop’ on the state of the College and the University
- Discounts to the A&S “Meet the Professor” lunch and lecture series
- Social and professional networking opportunities