NOTE ABOUT FILLING IN PDF FORMS ELECTRONICALLY: browser-based PDF readers won't save your entries or allow electronic signatures. Electronic PDF form data can be reliably saved if you download the form and fill out with with Acrobat Reader. For more detailed information on filling in PDF forms, see this video.
Download Acrobat Reader.
Petitions and Forms
Arts & Sciences petitions and forms are used to request approval for academic processes which require special consideration.
- Add/Drop (used only during the first week of classes)
- Independent Study (requires e-signature, see note at top of page)
- Petition for Late Changes — Add, Drop, Withdraw, Change to Audit, Pass/Fail or Letter Grade (requires
- Thesis/Dissertation Advisory Committee Appointment
- Variance Request
Other Online Forms and Resources for Students
- Graduate Degree Application Information
- The UofL Graduate Student Orientation Handbook
- The UofL Graduate Student Life Handbook 2014-2015
The Graduate Network in A&S (GNAS) serves as the representative body for graduate students in the College of Arts and Sciences.