Graduate Degree Application Information
Application for Degree
Degrees are awarded in August, December, and May. Candidates who expect to receive their degrees on a particular award date must complete the Application for Degree on ULink before the deadline specified. In order for students to receive their actual diploma, the student must complete the Application for Degree. This form is normally completed at the end of the student’s penultimate (next-to-last) semester.
The deadline to complete an Application for Degree varies. However, the time frame for each semester is as follows:
- Fall Application for Degree should be submitted via ULink mid July through first of September.
- Spring Application for Degree should be submitted via ULink mid November through mid January
- Summer Application for Degree should be submitted via ULink mid April through first of June
Can we get links to the relevant pages?
Applying for a Degree (doctorate, masters and graduate certificate students)
- Log on to your ULink account.
- Go to Student Services page
- Scroll down and on the right of the screen, you will find a column labeled "Registration"
- Under Registration, click on the Degree Application link
- Follow the prompts to complete your Application for Degree. You will need to complete a separate application for each degree and/or certificate.
You should receive e-mail confirmation of submission.
Your degree application is effective only for the specific semester for which you applied. Applications for Degree do not roll over to the next semester. If you do not complete requirements to receive your degree in the semester for which you applied, you will need to apply again, for the semester in which you plan to graduate.
If you are receiving a certificate or second Master's degree, you must apply for the certificate or second degree with a separate application when you apply for your primary degree.
Fees for Application for Degree
Doctoral Degrees $35.00
Master of Science in Social Work $20.00
Master and Specialist Degrees $25.00
If your degree is canceled, you must reapply for your degree. The charge for a canceled degree application will be adjusted to $10.00.
Students receiving a Certificate also must complete the Application for Degree. In some instances the Certificate is received at the same time as the master’s. Please be sure you apply to receive the Certificate.