Graduate Degree Application Information
Application for Degree
Degrees are awarded in August, December, and May. Candidates who expect to receive their degrees on a particular award date must complete the Application for Degree on ULink before the deadline specified. In order for students to receive their actual diploma, the student must complete the Application for Degree. This form is normally completed at the end of the student’s penultimate (next-to-last) semester.
The deadline to complete an Application for Degree varies. However, the time frame for each semester is as follows:
- Fall Application for Degree should be submitted via ULink mid July through first of September.
- Spring Application for Degree should be submitted via ULink mid November through mid January
- Summer Application for Degree should be submitted via ULink mid April through first of June
The actual date by which Application for Degree must be submitted is posted at: http://louisville.edu/registrar/commencement-information.html
Applying for a Degree (doctorate, masters and graduate certificate students)
- Log on to your ULink account.
- Go to Student Services page
- Scroll down and on the right of the screen, you will find a column labeled "Registration"
- Under Registration, click on the Degree Application link
- Follow the prompts to complete your Application for Degree. You will need to complete a separate application for each degree and/or certificate.
You should receive e-mail confirmation of submission.
Your degree application is effective only for the specific semester for which you applied. Applications for Degree do not roll over to the next semester. If you do not complete requirements to receive your degree in the semester for which you applied, you will need to apply again, for the semester in which you plan to graduate. If your degree is canceled, you must reapply for your degree.
If you are receiving a certificate or second Master's degree, you must apply for the certificate or second degree with a separate application when you apply for your primary degree.
Students receiving a Certificate also must complete the Application for Degree. In some instances the Certificate is received at the same time as the master’s. Please be sure you apply to receive the Certificate.