BE THE POWER - BECOME A MUSE
What is MUSE?
You can be the power that inspires a young artist by supporting the programs of the Allen R. Hite Art Institute and the Department of Fine Arts at the University of Louisville. Inspiration can come in many forms, including encouragement or financial support.
One of the easiest and most effective ways to make a difference in the lives of young artists is to join MUSE, the friends of the visual arts society at UofL.
Members of MUSE share a common desire to promote the visual arts at UofL and, by extension, the Louisville community. They provide financial support and inspiration to the Hite Art Institute and the Department of Fine Arts.
How do tax-deductible gifts help?
- Your $100 gift can fund an award at the annual student show.
- Your $500 gift can fund a research trip for a student.
- Your $1,000 gift can fund a scholarship to help a student attend a summer abroad program.
- Your $5,000 gift can bring a nationally recognized artist or scholar to campus.
- Your $10,000 gift can help underwrite an exhibition in the Hite Galleries.
- Your $25,000 gift can establish a named scholarship or help purchase equipment.
- Your $50,000 gift can underwrite a season of exhibitions in the Hite Galleries.
- Your $100,000 gift can create a graduate fellowship.
- Your $250,000 gift can help underwrite the construction of a casting courtyard.
- Your $1 million gift can endow a visiting chair in creative studies.
Benefits of joining MUSE
MUSE members make a real difference in the lives of student artists by helping underwrite such priorities as scholarships, lecture series, exhibits and student awards. This, in turn, helps the Hite Art Institute attract the highest caliber students and faculty, who then engage in Louisville’s vibrant arts community.
Gifts made through MUSE are only used by the Hite Art Institute and the Department of Fine Arts, guaranteeing to members that their financial support will help promote the appreciation and teaching of the visual arts.
MUSE members are encouraged to become fully engaged in the activities of the Hite Art Institute. They receive invitations to members-only events, as well as to shows by UofL fine arts students, faculty and visiting artists. They are also invited to special presentations by fine arts faculty and visiting lecturers.
The annual MUSE members’ reception and other events throughout the year provide arts supporters the opportunity to meet other community members who share their interests in the visual arts.
How to Join
Annual MUSE membership begins at $100 (or $50 for supporters under the age of 30). To become a member, return the attached card with your gift.
For questions about MUSE and how you can help the Hite Art Institute, please contact the C.F. Callihan II, Director of Development, College of Arts and Sciences at 502-852-1541, or e-mail charles.callihan (at) Louisville.edu.
Office of Development
College of Arts and Sciences
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
Downloads in PDF format (you must have Adobe Acrobat)