A&S Diversity Programs
Saturday Academy high school event 2009-2010
- Diversity Awards are presented annually for faculty diversity champions, staff diversity champions, and exemplary departments.
Yearlings Club Community Reception 2009-2010
- NETWORK Luncheon Series hosts regular luncheon dialogues focusing on racial and cultural diversity and addressing specific topics that are of interest to members of both UofL and Metro Louisville communities.
Inclusion and Equity Internship Week 2009-2010
- Graduate Students Diversity Workshops train graduate students in the theory and practice of inclusive pedagogy. These are conducted in collaboration with School of Interdisciplinary and Graduate Studies.
- New Research Funding Opportunities -- The Commission on Diversity and the Office of Research Diversity are offering grants for 2011. Budgets can range from $250.00 to a maximum of $1000.00 There is a deadline of February 1, 2011.
Strong Wind Blows activity
- Inclusive Campus Environment Discussion Groups are small discussion groups for staff focusing on creating an inclusive campus environment.
- Diversity Development Discussions for Departments are faculty discussions focusing on diversity-related topics. These are intended to support departmental diversity plans by providing opportunities for professional development regarding inclusion and equity.
- Inclusive Teaching Circles (ITC) are small, consistent groups of faculty, lecturers, and GTAs who are dedicated to teaching that is inclusive and equitable for all students.
- Jr. Faculty Newsletter
Programs Geared Toward Children
- The Socially Just Parenting Project provides resources and a forum for parents who want to raise children who will see the world through a social justice lens and be committed to promoting social justice.