Research Funds Available for Anthropology Graduate Students
The Graduate Student Union, a representative body of graduate students from the various disciplines in the College of Arts and Sciences, is offering funding opportunities for A&S graduate students. The GSU is offering grants (maximum $100) to help A&S graduate students offset the costs of conducting research, attending conferences, and purchasing materials needed for research.
Requirements and Instructions
1. All applicants must be current degree-seeking students in a College of Arts and Sciences graduate program.
2. Funds may be used for the 2012-13 academic year or summer 2013, but cannot be used to reimburse purchases already made or for travel/projects previously funded by the GSU. Funds must be encumbered or expended between February 1, 2013 and June 15, 2013.
3. Funds may be used for the following suggested purposes:
· Conference Travel and Fees (include name, location, and dates in application)
· Research Travel (include destination and dates in application)
· Computer Software or Licenses
· Purchase of Data Sets
· Miscellaneous Research Expenses (including, but not limited to)
o Poster Printing
o Research Specimens
o Hardware Costs
o Photocopying Costs
4. Applications will be accepted until January 28, 2013. Applicants MUST use the application form (available at http://uofl.me/as-gsu). Applications will be reviewed and funds awarded based on the quality of the application. Be sure to attach a brief budget outlining expected expenses for your project. You may also attach any other supporting documents, including but not limited to abstracts, travel itineraries, flight/hotel quotes, and software/product descriptions. If you are driving to and from your destination for research or conference travel, please include total mileage. The GSU reserves the right to vet all applications to verify need and authenticity.
5. Completed applications can be dropped off at the A&S Graduate Education Office, Gardiner Hall LL10a, or submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Award recipients will be notified by email no later than February 1 with further instructions.
7. For more information, please contact Rick VanIttersum, Program Assistant Sr. Graduate Education and Advising (email@example.com) or Dr. Wendy Pfeffer, Associate Dean for Graduate Education (firstname.lastname@example.org).