Study Abroad in Portugal
The College of Arts & Sciences and the Portuguese Studies Program sponsor summer study in Portugal for UofL undergraduate students. Portugal, a key country in the history of globalization, is an important site for the study of society and politics in the European Union, and of links between Europe, Africa, the United States, and South America.
During the summer program, our student group will travel to universities in the Portuguese cities of Lisbon, Vila Real, and Chaves.
The U of L courses offered focus on:
- The relationship between Portugal and Spain
- Cultural traditions in Europe
- European integration
- The relationship between country and city
- Tourism’s effects on economics and politics
- The relationship between ecology and politics
- The Portuguese language