Unit Advising Information: College of Arts and Sciences
The College of Arts and Sciences requires advising for the following students:
- Freshmen with fewer than 24 earned credit hours
- Students who have earned fewer than 60 credit hours and whose cumulative GPA is below 2.0
- First-semester transfer students
- Students with more than 45 earned credit hours who have not formally applied for and been accepted into a major program
- Students on conditional status
- All approved Theatre Arts, Mathematics, and Philosophy majors
- All approved English majors for Spring semester courses only
- French Majors
All approved majors are strongly encouraged to meet with their departmental advisor at the beginning of the senior year to make sure they are on track for graduation.
- If you have been accepted into an A&S Major program, you will be advised by that department. Please call the office of your major department for information on their advising schedule.
- If you are an A&S Honors student (3.35+ g.p.a.) or a student enrolled in honors sections of A&S courses, call 852-6293 for an advising appointment.
- If you are interested in a major in Justice Administration, call 852-6567 for an advising appointment.
- Student not advised in one of the above categories should come to the A&S Advising Center, first floor, Gardiner Hall, to sign up for advising.
For information concerning advising through the Arts and Sciences Center for Advising and Student Services in Gardiner Hall during non-registration times, please call 852-5502 for freshman/sophomore information and 852-6487 for junior/senior information.
Please click here to view a listing of advisors by discipline.